HTML is the basic element for Web designing.
In this we can discuss about the basics of HTML
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph.</p>
- The DOCTYPE declaration defines the document type
- The text between <html> and </html> describes the web page
- The text between <body> and </body> is the visible page content
- The text between <h1> and </h1> is displayed as a heading
- The text between <p> and </p> is displayed as a paragraph
What is HTML?
HTML is a language for describing web pages.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML is not a programming language, it is a markup language
- A markup language is a set of markup tags
- The purpose of the tags are to describe page content
HTML markup tags are usually called HTML tags
- HTML tags are keywords (tag names) surrounded by angle brackets like <html>
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and </b>
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag
- The end tag is written like the start tag, with a forward slash before the tag name
- Start and end tags are also called opening tags and closing tags
“HTML tags” and “HTML elements” are often used to describe the same thing.
But strictly speaking, an HTML element is everything between the start tag and the end tag, including the tags:
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>
Tag – Used to tag or “mark-up” pieces of text. Once tagged, the text becomes HTML code to be interpreted by a web browser. Tags look like this: <tag>
Element – A complete tag, having an opening <tag> and a closing </tag>.
– Used to modify the value of the HTML element. Elements will often have multiple attributes.
- HTML elements can have attributes
- Attributes provide additional information about an element
- Attributes are always specified in the start tag
- Attributes come in name/value pairs like: name=”value”
<a href=”http://www.w3schools.com”>This is a link</a>
Class – Specifies a classname for an element
Id – Specifies a unique id for an element
Style – Specifies an inline style for an element
Title – Specifies extra information about an element (displayed as a tool tip).
These notes are from my Seniors website
Check this it has a lot of useful information.